Monday, December 04, 2006

The 4 Wives! هرکسی چهار همسر دارد

There was a rich merchant who had 4 wives. He loved the 4th wife the most and took great care of her and gave her nothing but the best.
He also loved the 3rd wife very much. He's very proud of her and always wanted to show off her to his friends. However, the merchant is always in great fear that she might run away with some other men.
He too, loved his 2nd wife. She is a very considerate person, always patient and in fact is the merchant's confidante. Whenever the merchant faced some problems, he always turned to his 2nd wife and she would always help him out.
Now, the merchant's 1st wife is a very loyal partner and has made great contributions in maintaining his wealth and business as well as taking care of the household. However, the merchant did not love the first wife.

One day, the merchant fell ill. Before long, he knew that he was going to die soon.
Thus, he asked the 4th wife, "I loved you most, endowed you with the finest clothing . Now that I'm dying, will you follow me and keep me company?" "No way!" replied the 4th wife and she walked away without another word.
The sad merchant then asked the 3rd wife, "I have loved you so much for all my life. Now that I'm dying, will you follow me and keep me company?" "No!" replied the 3rd wife. "Life is so good over here! I'm going to remarry when you die!" The merchant's heart sank and turned cold.
He then asked the 2nd wife, "I always turned to you for help and you've always helped me out. Now I need your help again. When I die, will you follow me and keep me company?" "I'm sorry, I can't help you out this time!" replied the 2nd wife. "At the very most, I can only send you to your grave."The merchant was devastated.
Then a voice called out : "I'll leave with you. I'll follow you no matter where you go." The merchant looked up and there was his first wife. Greatly grieved, the merchant said, "I should have taken much better care of you while I could have !"


Actually, we all have 4 wives in our lives
a. The 4th wife is our body. No matter how much time and effort we lavish in making it look good, it'll leave us when we die.
b. Our 3rd wife ? Our possessions, status and wealth. When we die, they all go to others.
c. The 2nd wife is our family and friends. No matter how close they had been there for us when we're alive, the furthest they can stay by us is up to the grave.
d. The 1st wife is in fact our soul, often neglected in our pursuit of material, wealth and sensual pleasure.
It is actually the only thing that follows us wherever we go. Perhaps it's a good idea to cultivate and strengthen it now.

30 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello my dear teacher.
This is a very beautiful story but I think that we also need 2nd wife until 4th wife because they match and they complete each other.

Anonymous said...

This story want say to the humans that you are not for this world and you must at last go in grave that in there only your spirit are with you.

Anonymous said...

dear teacher
i think if we want to improv our sprit we must be friendly with god and he help us.
thanks alot

Anonymous said...

If we not think for the second, third and fourth consort improper and more than take care of first consort we can live good and we arrive to our desires.

Anonymous said...

hi my teacher
my idea is this man is very crazy because he have a best wife and again remarry
babye

Anonymous said...

i agree with your idea and we should kipping the 4 wives and more than first wife ( soul your self ) because she is very important and alone this wife come with we and no mather where you go or when you go only and only she likes we no neglected she when we are pursuit of material, welth. only this work !! is it a difficult work.

Anonymous said...

i think we know help to our soul is very hard but just we should want it.

Anonymous said...

always we forget our soul . in fact we forget ourself . if we don,t forget her we will lucky in this world and in the world.

Anonymous said...

The merchant justifys and the first wife should says to merchant go in that place where you was hithrtto to it and go in the presence of persons you was loving them.

Anonymous said...

hi
about this story we should to protect our soul and we do like our family and friends specialy parents its because they are best persons in the life of everybody and dont notic to wealth too much and protect your bodies .

Anonymous said...

hi i think that this story is true and ithink that we should help and keep our first wife more than other . i hope that all the people do it with the best way.
your friend parvaneh

Anonymous said...

all of the person had 4 wifes and
we should make them strengthen it
now

Anonymous said...

We will have foure the wife and aften neglect to it and it always us when we are going to die

Anonymous said...

iTHINK THAT IT IS REALY TRUE.BUT WHAT CAN WE DO ?IS IT REALY POSSIBLE TO FORGET THEM?

Anonymous said...

its a really buti story but how we can us this wifes for good works ??

Anonymous said...

I think that only thing always is with me and will be with me it is
My soul but I forgot it .only my soul is with me in every positions ,
Painful or happiness , if I make grow my soul ,I can solve problems in
Life and Ican tolerate all of tribulation .my thinking, my treat, my habit
Or homour is maked of soul. One day my body and my family and my
Possessions give me up.

Anonymous said...

It is a instructor story. I think we must strengthening our soul and we must to take care of it then we must to afford time for our soul beacause it is so important and our soul never abandon us.

Anonymous said...

I think a lot of us know this fact but we behave like ignorant person. In our religion, Islam, we are always asked to pay more attention to our soul. Imam Sadegh (peace be upon him ) said: "when a daed person is invested in grave a person appears and said we were three things in the world. Your daily bread that cut after death , your family that leave you and came back and me that I am your deeds and stay with you. But pay attention that between these three things I had least importance in your life."
We should ask God to help us that we can develop our soul nad become nearer to God who has all of beauties.

Anonymous said...

our act enfulenced in our soul and only thing that it is follow us even when we die , and infact our good and bad work never leave us .
our possessions and reletives are transitory and they are for this time and they can not help us in future.
Therefor we must attend to our work more untill we reach to God and evolution and have good and sweet life in future.

Anonymous said...

This story show that we like ourselves more than others and our parents are the best assistant all of the time and we don’t like the bad deeds therefore we shouldn’t do these facts.

Anonymous said...

the story was very interesting when we died do not follow me many things for example wealth friends...
the just thing follow us is my soul.

Anonymous said...

I think we must attention to our soul until we recognize our self. And we strengthen our self. Because that thing that stay and our second life build with it is soul.

Anonymous said...

It is not important that your body grow up . We must develop our soul and thought .In this case we have a good life in world and an other world.
There are many ways for develop soul and thought , such as : thinking about Quran , nature and recognize Allah .in fact doing whatever God says through Mohammad .

Anonymous said...

metaphorically this short story is going to resemble real lifes interest to having 4 wives condition. the more something is not beneficial for us .the more we take it serious and the more we pay attention to it. morever the more is something is necessery for us the less we stick to it. according to the story and the last line the4th wife which means our body is the location of all possible but wrong concerns
a

Anonymous said...

We much pay attention the soul because of it is always with us and it leaves us until other world so we should grow it to perfection that we have best life in other world body and statue and frind and family forget us when we die we have not them but soul and your works thus if we are a good person we are happy in other world and by one self things a person goes

Anonymous said...

Wlearntheworld is mortal and everythigfinish in the end but we forget it .This is very bad. Wshoudlearn that we can not take with ourself everything that like them. .Only our soul is with us.

Anonymous said...

world and all things in it is destyoyable and all the jewelled and wealth disappearing and dont help us .and only soul follow us in futurity so much the better always trying for futurity

Anonymous said...

i think sometimes these storys useful for introduce people more to the reality that be in the world but i have 5 wife .

Anonymous said...

i think the men cannot cope with one wife, let alone four wife.

Anonymous said...

hi
i think the men must have a one wife until they in the peace.
babye

How was my English Weblog?